Friday, April 28, 2006

National Anthem

I understand that this country is founded on and proud of the fact that it has a very diverse cultural heritage. I for one believe that you have to draw a line somewhere and while I was browsing the Washington Post today online I think I found that line. The link to the article is here at the Washington Post.

Here is a quote from the article before I get to deep.

"A Spanish language version of the U.S national anthem, sung by Latin pop stars and dubbed Nuestro Himno ("Our Anthem"), hit the airwaves today. The song is intended to be an anthem of solidarity for the movement that has drawn hundreds of thousands of people across the nation to march for immigrant rights.

Asked at the news conference whether the U.S. national anthem should also be sung in Spanish, Bush said without hesitation: "I think the national anthem ought to be sung in English, and I think people who want to be a citizen of this country ought to learn English and they ought to learn to sing the national anthem in English."

THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!!

Yeah great, your here in this country, your latino in background. You are proud of your heritage and you dont want to abandon it. Well tough fucking shit. Get over it, you are a citizen(or not) of the United States. The national anthem was written in english for the country. If the you are here and want the national anthem done in your language, then go back to the country that the language is from. Until then get with the fucking program and learn to speak english as well as to honor the national anthem for what it is and what it was written for. This is not something that should be changed for political correctness. The line needs to be drawn and I for one and hopefully others agree this is the spot.

For thoughts on other issues i.e. immigration refer to my earlier postings. I know they are different issues, but this is going to far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home